Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I Appreciate the Cheesy Things In Life

I just finished watching the Fox Family TV movie, Lovestruck: The Musical. I know what you are thinking. Why would you watch that?! Ah you've touched upon today's blog topic. I am a big supporter of just enjoying the cheesy things in life. Sometimes the things you find most entertaining are also the things you know are truly terrible. You have to embrace the cheesy sometimes and just enjoy it.

I look for different things in my entertainment. Some things I enjoy for its quality. I like it because I believe it is great. Other things I enjoy knowing they are extremely terrible. I mean haven't you ever heard the term so bad its good?! That's the whole reason we have guilty pleasures. You watch it knowing and acknowledging it's bad.

If other people didn't feel the same as I do the Syfy channel wouldn't exist. Those Syfy movies are made for people like me who love watching things like Sharktopus and Ice Spiders. The cheap effects and terrible acting make the movie entertaining. Lifetime movies are the same way. They are so over the top yet you can't help but love to watch them. I'm not saying everything bad is entertaining. There is a fine line when it comes to fun cheesy and just plain bad. That's why cheesy bad entertainment should be respected.

Talking to some of my friends, I realized that not everyone can appreciate cheesy entertainment. I told my one friend they should watch this terrible movie and they looked at me like I was crazy. I know it's a terrible movie, but that's what makes it so fun! So that's why I watched Lovestruck tonight. Sometimes I'm in the mood to be entertained by something in all it's cheesy glory! 

So in defense of Syfy movies, Fox Family shows, or any form of entertainment that is cheesy to the core, lighten up people. Sometimes it's fun to watch these things.

(Total cheesy count: 7)

No comments:

Post a Comment