Monday, April 22, 2013

People Let Me Tell You Bout My Best Friend

This January my best friend decided to leave me and move far away. I just got off the phone with her right now and it got me thinking about our friendship and how distance doesn't change anything. We still talk all the time even though we live far away and I would say we are just as close. I've had distance change relationships before, but when it comes to someone you really care about you make it work.

So how did we become best friends? I met my BFF Freshmen year of college. During my college orientation, I met this girl and we just clicked. So when the fall came around I kept in touch and hung out with her in her dorm. She had two roommates and my best friend just happened to be one of them.

Throughout college we were a tight threesome, me, the girl I met at orientation, and my best friend. Every year since Freshmen year, the three of us shared a room (for two of those years I was the top bunk to my BFF's bottom bunk.) It was a perfect situation. Even though we had a larger group of friends, they were the one's I told everything to. It was never weird being part of a threesome. No one was ever on the outs or felt excluded. We were all three equal friends. The third girl in our threesome graduated early at the end of our Junior year and went to grad school. Even though the three of us are still friends, this brought my best friend and I closer.

After college we both went back home. It was weird not living together, but we still talked almost everyday. Then, when I moved back to the area in the fall, we were only an hour away so I saw her pretty often. Come winter she decided to take a year-long internship far away and so here we are, the farthest/longest we've been separated from each other. I'm glad she's doing this cool experience, but of course I still miss her.

She is the one person I text everyday. I never feel bad texting her stupid silly stuff. I tell her everything and I know she does the same. Some of my favorite moments in college was our "pillow talks" late at night being silly. Me singing songs to annoy her and making bets to be her "Best Maid". We are pop culture equals loving the same, shows, movies, books. If she recommends something I always love it and obsess about it just like she did. She makes me laugh and she's always on my side in any situation. Laying the cheesiness on thick, I am very lucky to have such a good friend and I'm happy that no matter the distance we are close. So if she's reading this (which she's not because I haven't told anyone about my blog) thank you for being such a poophead.

No comments:

Post a Comment