Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Becoming the Best Version of Myself

Starting this blog was my first step in trying to become a better version of myself. I was at a pretty low place and I knew I had to do something to get out of this funk. This blog allows me to voice my frustrations during my quarter life crisis and release some of my stress. So the next step, while I deal with work and finding a full time job, is to make me the best version of myself in every aspect. And that means getting in shape. (I eventually want to make a complete transformation and do something different like dye my hair, but I'm going to wait until I get a full time job aka come into money.)

There was a time in my life when I was a regularly active person who went to the gym five days a week. But with busy work schedules and the absence of a free gym(oh the perks of college) working out became something I kept forgetting to do. Even during my brief phase of unemployment when I had all the time in the world, I remained inactive. (I was in a bad head space people!)  So here is a list of my goals for getting into shape.

1) Reach my goal weight by the end of summer. I am not overweight, but I don't think I am in the best shape I could be. 

2) I want to run by the beach at least three days a week. I need to be active! Not only is this good for my body, but running could be a good way to release stress as well.

3) Watch my food intake/ eat healthier. I eat really badly and should probably weigh more than I do. I need to teach myself to eat like a normal human being. If I don't teach myself to eat better now. my bad eating habits will only get worse as I get older.

4) Drink more water. I don't smoke or drink, but my one addiction is soda. I drink soda almost every day. I can still drink soda (maybe not as much), but I need to make sure I drink more water. Everything I've read about getting healthier says drinking water is important.

I'm hoping that by writing my goals down for the whole Internet to see, I won't be able to make excuses and blow it off. When I was working out regularly, I had my friend that always went with me. I need someone to push me when I don't want to go. If I don't have a push, that's when I falter. So my blog is going to be that push. That persuasive voice to guilt me into doing what I promised.

I don't know why, but I just have this feeling that if I do everything to make me the best I can be and I'm completely happy with myself, than everything will work out. Besides, I am apparently in my prime so I want to look good for all the fellas out there. I'm looking at you tall, cute, nerdy guys.

So I swear to do everything in my power to be the best version of myself in the hopes that me being completely happy puts out a signal to the universe making everything work out! ( FULL TIME JOB!!!!)

(I should probably tell you that this passion to become a better version of myself may have been inspired by a Lifetime movie I saw yesterday. Don't judge.)

No comments:

Post a Comment